Non Resident / PR Returns

Filing of Non Resident Returns

Assisting in determining residency status

Are you a Non Resident Canadian living overseas but have rental properties in Canada?

If so it is important for you to be compliant with the Income tax act and setup a Part 13 account and remit 25% of your monthly rent and submit it to the CRA. At the end of the year we file a 216 election return and get a refund for the expenses, etc.

Deemed Resident

If you work overseas and have family in Canada and property (residence) then you would be considered a deemed resident and will have to ensure you are compliant.

Permanent Resident

If you became a PR card holder then you should file your returns on time whether you were a resident or not.